We began this project with a Discovery phase to better understand the client’s and their customers’ issues and intended objectives.
What did we do?
- Discovery + Strategy
- Creative Direction
- Website Design
- Website Development
- Responsive Mobile-Ready
- Job API Integration
- CMS Customisation
- Speed Optimisation
Our discussions revealed the key issues with the old website, as well as potential opportunities, and assisted us in defining the objectives that would guide the redesign.
Five major elements of the website were important to the stakeholders:
- Modernise the design (the previous design was very dated and limiting)
- Provide a positive mobile experience
- Make it easy for visitors to discover important information
- Be able to utilize existing photography (some of which was small, but with 100 years of service, it would be hard to retake)
- Make it simple for clients to edit and maintain material on the site
We recommended developing a well-designed, logical layout system that would be aesthetically appealing to the consumer and would give the client flexibility and configurability when building out new pages into the future.